Coaching for Practitioners
Who it is for
No previous coaching experience necessary. Learn a technique that can be applied in many settings from coaching conversations with staff and volunteers, to practitioners working directly with service-users.
Delegates will develop the following:
- Understand the skills underpinning effective coaching.
- Practiced coaching and experience its power and value
- Confidence to practice coaching skills within their own situation.
- Exploring the coaching model, step by step.
- Exploring the principles of transformational coaching.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence.
- The role of coaching in the workplace.
- Coaching through each step of the model.
- Developing listening skills.
- Developing questioning skills
Practising Feedback Skills
- Reflecting back what you see and hear.
- Giving and receiving coach-like feedback.
- Acknowledging and supporting others.
Delivery and duration
A 2-day workshop, followed by 4 x 1-hour ‘teleclass’ sessions focused on applying the skills.
A blended mix of theory, discussion, demonstration, practice & feedback. Skills practice based on participants’ live situations.
On-going personal development:
Following the workshop, participants paired into coach/coachee partnerships for practice sessions to apply skills in the workplace and volunteering settings.
What is included
- Delivery by two ICF-approved facilitators
- Student Guide
Next course date: TBC
For further information:
tel: 0845 450 0282